WE ARE HIRING AT NIRANTAR TRUST – A RESOURCE CENTRE FOR GENDER AND EDUCATION
LOCATION: New Delhi
JOB POST: Project Associate (Women’s Literacy, Education and Empowerment Programme)
About Nirantar: Nirantar works towards enabling empowering education, especially for girls and women from marginalised communities. We seek to promote transformatory formal and non-formal learning processes which enable the marginalised to better understand and address their realities.
Nirantar also works at the community level and undertakes research and advocacy, particularly on critical issues which need greater attention from the State as well as civil society. Our work is strongly rooted in lives of rural women.
We are looking for a Project Associate (Women’s Literacy, Education and Empowerment Programme) with the following job responsibilities:
- Coordinate and assist with various projects under the women’s literacy work
- Organising and planning trainings, workshops and consultations as per the requirements
- Documentation and Reporting events and activities under overall project
- Overseeing and managing implementation and evaluation
- Providing support to the partner organisations working at the grass roots level on women’s literacy
- Work closely with team for planning, designing and implementing different activities under different projects
- Field visits to different parts of India, whenever required
The experience, knowledge, skills and abilities that we require of applicants are:
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience of working on issues of education and gender
- Excellent organisational skills with demonstrated experience in developing and implementing program and annual plans
- Fluent (written and spoken) in English and Hindi.
- At least master’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Familiarity with programme management, monitoring, reporting, sector engagement and advocacy, technical support and capacity development.
- Experience of working with organisations working with communities directly
- Co-operative, team worker
- Good skills of report writing and documentation
Salary: As per the qualification and years of experience
Candidates are requested to:
- Attach a full Curriculum Vitae and a letter of intent;
- Provide the names and contact details for two references
Last date to apply: 25th April 2017
The vacancy is open for women only